Easy Homemade Hummus
This recipe can be found at www.mayoclinic.org.
- 2 16 oz cans garbanzo beans reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika sesame paste
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
In a blender or food processor, add the garbanzo beans and puree. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, paprika, tahini and parsley. Blend well. Add the reserved liquid, on tablespoon at a time, until the mixture has the consistency of a thick spread. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with raw veggies, such as broccoli and carrot sticks.
Nutrition information per 1/4 cup serving:
2.5 g fiber
182 mg sodium
0 g sugar